A Continuous Improvement Process
- Lean manufacturing is a continuous improvement process that is being implemented in ODM's manufacturing facilities, in conjunction with the 5S program. Lean manufacturing's focus is to incorporate less human effort, less inventory, less time to develop products, and less space to become highly responsive to customer demand while producing top quality products in the most efficient and economical manner possible.
- 5S is a methodology for organizing, cleaning, developing, and sustaining a productive work environment. We work with small implementation teams from each area within the facility to train and implement the 5S principles (sort, set, shine, standardize, & sustain).
- ODM posts the major shop floor metrics in the plant for everyone to monitor: PPM levels, setup time, on-time deliveries, efficiencies, and safety.
- Through the implementation of lean manufacturing and 5S, ODM is realizing:
- Improved efficiencies, safety, and shop floor environment
- Reduced setup time
- Reduced WIP and finished goods inventory
- Shorter lead times, faster turnaround
- For you, our customer, this means that we are more competitive in our pricing, more responsive in our service, and quicker with our delivery.